Tips for having an Easier Move
Tips for an Organized and Stress-Free Move
When it comes to moving day, you will still have plenty to do even if you hire professional movers. Here are a few tips to make your moving day go more smoothly.
1. Start by letting the movers know where to park on moving day. Make it clear as to what you want moved and where in your new home you would like it placed.
2. Make sure the movers have access in your home to every area they will be packing and clearing out. As well as in your new home when they are dropping off.
3. When the move begins, stay out of the movers way. This would include having a plan for your kids and pets to be occupied somewhere other than where the moving is taking place.
4. Fragile and valuable items should remain with you or are very very clear to the movers. Consider transporting your treasures in your personal vehicle.
5. Have your cleaning supplies ready and do a final clean of each room as it is emptied. If you don’t have the time, have a professional cleaning company come in and do the cleaning once the move is complete. Doing room by room will help make the cleaning process less stressfull.
6. While it is important to stay out of the way of your movers, you still want to be sure that someone is always around to answer any of their questions and make sure they are treating your things appropriately.
7. Do a thorough check of every nook and cranny of your home to be sure no personal item is left behind and everything is cleaned up.
Post a Comment