Tampa Bay's Best Kept Secrets
Check Out These Hidden Gems From The Tampa Area!
Whether you're a Tampa local or a frequent visitor, you're likely familiar with the most popular attractions: Curtis Hixon Park, Armature Works, Ybor City, Tampa Theatre, International Mall - the list goes on! But as you may not know, Tampa has some seriously underrated hidden gems just waiting to be explored! Read on to find out more about these Tampa spots:
- Empower Adventures Tampa Bay: With over 3,000 feet of ziplines, a 200-foot suspension bridge over water, and plenty more obstacles - Empower Adventures is a new kind of obstacle course to get your adrenaline pumping, without ever touching the ground!
- Adventure Family Motorsports: Just outside of urban Tampa, visit Adventure Family Motorsports for dirt bike tours geared for both beginners and experienced bikers! AFM tailors their rides to match your skill level, so you can rest assured that fun will be the #1 priority.
- Alafia River State Park: For one of the most unique off-road biking parks in the state, look no further than Alafia River State Park. With over 20 miles of trails (including jumps, hills, and valleys) Alafia is sure to impress even the most experienced of bicyclers.
- Fishing: For quality fishing in the Tampa area, look no further than Tarpon & Redfish! Fishers of all skill levels traverse the waters of Tarpon & Redfish year-round in search of all different species of fish. And if you're looking to take a charter, check out Tampa Fishing Charters or Gone Fishing Charters!
- Canoe Escape: For a classic Old Florida experience, check out Canoe Escape! Featuring canoe journeys down the HIllsborough River, you can catch glimpses of the wildlife native to Florida and soak up the gorgeous landscape that the river offers.
- Urban Kai Stand Up Paddleboarding: Even if you've been to the ever-popular Armature Works, you might not know that Urban Kai Stand Up Paddleboarding operates right out front! Enjoy stellar views of Downtown Tampa and the Riverwalk as you paddle downstream.
- Bern's Steak House: A classic date night / special occasion spot in the Tampa area, any local will tell you if you're looking for class - Bern's is the place to be! With delicious steaks and a wine cellar unrivaled by any other, be sure to stop by Bern's.
- Bavaro's: Serving up wood-fired dishes across their menu, Bavaro's is renowned for their Neapolitan pizzas! When it comes to Italian food, Bavaro's can't be beat.
- Hattricks: A hockey hotspot (Go Lightning!), Hattricks is right in the heart of downtown Tampa. With savory staples like burgers/sandwiches and wings, Hattricks is perfect for celebrating the big game or just grabbing a casual meal.
- The Dessert Spot at Toffee to Go: For sweets and treats, head over to The Dessert Spot! This place is so renowned, Oprah has listed it as one of her favorites!
- Wright's Gourmet: If you're looking for a simple meal that always delivers, check out Wright's Gourmet! Serving up deli-style dishes and seriously massive cakes, there's somethig here for everyone.
- La Segunda Central Bakery: Not only is La Segunda a fabulous bakery, they're also the largest Cuban bread distributor in the world! Having been around for over 105 years, La Segunda is a tried & true Cuban spot.
- Tabanero Cigars: Cafe con leche is a classic take on coffee, and Tabanero Cigars may just have the best in the city. It makes sense that it's nestled in old Ybor City!
- Goody Goody: Looking for a true diner experience? Head on down to Goody Goody in Hyde Park for timeless diner dishes. Goody Goody is actually a bit of a Tampa legend, having opened their first location in 1925!
- Harborside Suites at Little Harbor: Designed to feel like a home-away-from-home on the beach, Harborside Suites is a waterfront hotel with palm trees, a private bar and beach, and gorgeous views!
- Sailport Waterfront Suites: Tampa's only all-waterfront, all-suite resort Sailport is located just west of downtown and provides some seriously gorgeous views of Florida's Gulf Coast!