Tampa 5K on the Runway returning in April 2022
Returning from a 2 year hiatus, runners are cleared for 'takeoff' for the 5K Runway Race at TIA (Tampa International Airport)
Tampa offers a unique 5k race each year that takes place on a runway at the Tampa International Airport! Due to the pandemic, the race has taken a 2 year hiatus but the runway has been cleared for takeoff this year. On April 2, 2022 Runway 10-28 at TIA will be the 5k course for racers. The race begins at 8 am and is a chip-timed event.
Registration is limited to the first 2,000 participants. Early registration is available here! Early registration is $35 and reserves a spot in this one of a kind race and a souvenir race t-shirt. The regular registration fee will be $40.
Important information to be aware of:
1. Kids are welcome to run/walk in the race but no strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, bikes or pets are allowed.
2. Racers are to stay on the runway course. If a runner deviates from the course they will be removed from the race.
3. All registrations are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
4. Selfie sticks are not permitted in the race.
5. This 5K race is open for racers of all ages and abilities! Come out and enjoy the open runway!
If you do not reside in Tampa and want to participate in the race there is a virtual 5K option available! You get to choose the path to race on, and complete it at the time and place that is convenient for you. You will be mailed a Tampa 5K t-shirt and a finisher medal after the official event. Registration is $30.
Proceeds from this event benefit United Way Suncoast, an organization that supports community outreach programs and provides significant impact to improve the lives of thousands of citizens in Tampa Bay.
Come on out to this exclusive race on Tampa's open runway! You can find parking information here and general information regarding the race here.
Post a Comment