Rainy Day Guide St Pete!
Indoor Activities in St Pete for those Rainy Days!
Rainy season is creeping up on us this year in Florida but there are plenty of fun indoor activities in St. Pete to still enjoy these times!
From kid friendly to adult centered, this is a list of the best things to do, indoors, in St. Petersburg.
Indoor activities for kids in St. Pete:
- Great Explorations Children’s Museum – the largest children’s museum in St. Pete
- Romp n’ Roll St. Pete – indoor kids play classes for all ages
- Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center – a small, but fun indoor acquarium & learning center at the St. Pete Pier
- Practically Pikasso – Pottery painting for all ages
- Jungle Gym Ninja – a parkour gym with classes for kids
- Treasure Island Fun Center – indoor arcade and fun house open daily
- Florida Aquarium - a fantastic indoor activity that will keep your kiddos occupied for hours!
If you enjoy art and history, check out the 'Great Explorations Children’s Museum' for family friendly exhibits and activities. For those with an appreciation for fine art, stop by the 'Dali Museum' and its rotating exhibits. For a deeper look into history, the 'Florida Holocaust Museum' is a meaningful and incredibe experience! Here are some other museums and exhibits in the area...
- Dali Museum – 1 Dali Blvd, St. Petersburg FL
- Museum of Fine Arts – 255 Beach Dr NE, St. Petersburg FL
- Imagine Museum – 1901 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art – 150 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- Chihuly Collection – 720 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- Morean Arts Center – 719 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- Florida Holocaust Museum – 55 5th St S, St. Petersburg FL
St. Pete’s many breweries provide a happy oasis for a cold drink. With games, live music and a full kitchen in a massive warehouse, family friendly '3 Daughters Brewing' is a favorite for escaping the rain. 'Cycle Brewing', 'St. Pete Brewing' and 'Overflow Brewing' all offer easy access to AC and a great beer. For somewhere dog friendly, stop by 'PAW' (Pinellas Ale Works).
There are also plenty of options for something a little more on the active side of things. Check to see if the Rays or Rowdies are in town if you want to catch a game (Rays games are completely indoors and there is plenty of covered seating at the Rowdies stadium). 'Jungle Gym Ninja' is a parkour gym with classes and open gym time for adults. 'Vertical Ventures' is a huge indoor rock climbing center in the hear of St. Pete. Go karting with 'Tampa Bay Grand Prix' or 'Pro Karting Experience'. 'Park & Rec' is a lively spot downtown with games like cornole, giant flip cup and more. 'Right Around The Corner' is a laid back brewery with old school card and arcade games.
Get your hands dirty with some of these great arts & crafts activities in St. Pete:
- Practically Pikasso – locally owned pottery painting studio
- Clay Center – learn to spin pottery
- Zen Glass – learn the art of glassblowing and craft your masterpiece
- Painting With A Twist – painting classes with optional BYOB!
St. Pete has no shortage of ways to take care of yourself, check out a few of our favorites:
- The Body Electric Yoga and Athletic Companies – yoga and fitness classes for all levels
- Maison Glo – treat yo’ self to a facial or one of tons of other skin treatments
- Sun State Yoga – a smaller studio with a large appeal, offering hot yoga dozens of hot yoga classes each week
- St. Pete Salt Works – give your body a break by floating in these serene salt pools