Florida's Back-to-School Tax Holiday
Tax-Free Weekend Starts August 7th
Florida’s 2020 Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday begins on Friday, August 7, and runs through Sunday, August 9.
Here’s what it covers:
- Clothing, footwear and certain accessories ($60 or less per item)
- School supplies ($15 or less per item)
- Personal computers and certain accessories (First $1,000)
There are some noteworthy exceptions, so here’s what is not covered:
- Computers and accessories for businesses
- Rentals or leases of eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of clothing
- Sales of any eligible item in a theme park, entertainment complex or airport
With so many people shopping online, it’s important to note that shipping and handling count toward the total price of an item.
Layaway sales of eligible items will be tax-free, even if it’s paid off after the sales tax holiday ends.