5 Must-Try Foods at Tampa Bay Rays Games!
5 Must-Try Food Dishes and Experiences at Tampa Bay Rays Games!
The Rays recently showed off some incredible new foods, drinks and experiences for home games! In addition to bringing back draft beer and fountain soda, they’ve expanded their culinary offerings and created new in-stadium experiences!
Here are just the top five new things to check out at The Tropicana Field in 2022:
- Ice Cream Nachos – Beans & Barlour have done it again, debuting waffle cone ice cream nachos with three scoops of ice cream covered in toppings and served on top of chips made from crunchy waffle cone.
- Rays Up Roll – Pacific Counter has unveiled this flavorful sushi described as “like a California roll and a chimichanga had a love child.”
- Footlong Tater Tot – Exactly what it sounds like, this is a footlong hunk of fried potato covered in bacon, sour cream, jalapenos and scallions.
- Korean Spiced Chicken Sandwich – Korean fried chicken comes in strong with gochujang sauce, house slaw and spicy mayo atop delicious chicken on a soft roll.
- Rays Museum – The new Rays Museum in the concourse celebrates nearly 25 years of achievement, with four different areas showcasing distinct features of the team’s history, both current and distant. Nostalgic fans will particularly enjoy the alcove dedicated to the Devil Rays era. The museum is free for all game attendees.
More favorites include the P&P Pierogi, a potato pierogi with chorizo butter available at Pig & Potato, the Chicken Queso Dip at Modern Bird, the new Caribbean Bowl and Jerk Chicken Sandwich at Beach Drive, and the Italian-inspired wraps from Impasto.
If you really want the full gastronomic experience, head to Beach Drive in the third base food hall and grab the Steel Drum: a house-smoked turkey leg seasoned with star anise and jalapeno pineapple honey. And don’t worry, if you feel a food coma coming on, our friends at Kahwa Coffee have fresh joe throughout the park to make sure you last until the 9th inning.
Additionally, the Rays have upped their craft beer game, working with distributors and local breweries to provide a wealth of Tampa Bay-brewed draft and canned beer throughout the stadium, including area favorite Coppertail Brewing Co. In more good beer news, Ballpark & Rec, next to the main entrance, will continue to open two hours prior to first pitch and remain open for one hour following the game, with $5 drafts during pre-game and up until first pitch every day.
The Rays are also continuing the fan favorite $5 Fridays, offering 16-ounce Budweiser and Bud Light at concession stands throughout the ballpark for just five bucks. Souvenir cups are back, as well, allowing fans unlimited refills at the Coca-Cola Refresh Stations located throughout the stadium.
And to make sure fans don’t have to miss any of the action, mobile ordering is now available at Tropicana Field with the MLB Ballpark App, allowing you to order food from your seat, then skip the line and pick it up when it’s ready.
In addition to the new food, drinks and museum, the Rays marketing and promotions team also shared some exciting giveaways this season of what will surely become collector’s items. On Friday, May 27 they will be giving away Wander Franco Chain Necklaces by DEX Imaging. On Tuesday, June 21, they are debuting a fantastic Mike Zunino “Florida Man” bobblehead presented by Bally Sports Sun, complete with jean shorts and an alligator, a tip of the cap to his college playing days at the University of Florida.
And perhaps our favorite comes on Saturday, July 30 when Crown Automotive Group presents a Brett Phillips throwback Devil Rays basketball jersey. That one is certain to be a hot ticket.
For this season’s full schedule and to find tickets, visit mlb.com/rays.